Is Pest Control Safe for My Pets?
Are your pets safe during pest control? The majority of the time, the answer is yes, but it greatly relies on the caliber of the pest control business you pick.
All pets have parents who care about their health and well-being, whether they are furry or creepier than others.
This is particularly true when treating houses for a pest infestation.
Although the poisonous concentration level of contemporary pesticides is thought to be safer than it was in the past, they may still be detrimental, especially to dogs and cats because they can swallow them and absorb them via their skin pores as well as inhale them.
How Can I Protect My Pets During Pest Control Treatments?
The following advice is intended to help you keep your pets safe while they are receiving treatment for an infestation.
Conduct thorough research on pest control and pest maintenance businesses
- Make sure the exterminator you choose only employs pet-safe materials.
- Research the chemicals and methods they plan to use, verify references, and ask for references. Since they are unable to speak for themselves, you must speak out for your pets.
Speak With the Technician Directly
- When discussing treatment alternatives, homeowners must let pest control and pest care professionals know about their pets.
- Any technician may answer any inquiries regarding the pet-friendly techniques that are available.
- Before the technicians come, confirm with the veterinarian that all safety precautions have been taken.
DIY Treatments Should be Avoided in Cases Where Pets are Involved
- If an infestation has taken hold in a home, it is preferable to call a professional pest control service business since they can guarantee the safety of pets based on their knowledge and skills.
- In the end, it is preferable to be safe than sorry.
Take Pets Out of the Treatment Area
- Keep dogs inside if the exterior of the house is being treated, and outside if the converse is true.
- To avoid the entry of airborne particles or fumes, cover the cages and tanks of birds and fish to protect them.
- After application, keep dogs away from affected areas for 1 to 2 hours to allow the pesticide to dry. It can be dangerous when wet.
Why Should I Hire a Pest Control Company Instead of Doing it Myself?
There are choices for pest control products that include zero chemicals. To destroy insects, they use stickiness, pheromones, sound waves, electricity, or other methods.
Insect paper or tape, mosquito zappers, pheromone traps, and ultrasonic bug repellents are a few examples.
They can be helpful and are harmless for the environment, but they have little effect on a serious infestation.
The main issue with pest management and control is how quickly many insect pests reproduce.
If not stopped with very specific and aggressive measures, cockroaches, fleas, bedbugs, ants, gnats, and fruit flies can easily multiply almost to the point of no return.
Insects transmit disease and filth in addition to damaging the hard-earned reputations of many business enterprises, thus immediate action is required.
All our methods for managing and controlling insects involve expert monitoring and the cautious use of pesticides that have been approved.
Our helpful and caring team guides all clients through the difficult and time-consuming process of dealing with a pest infestation.
Every effort we make to manage insects or rodents is always focused on prevention.
Our goal has been constant throughout the years: to offer all our valued clients professional, timely, and uncompromising pest control and pest management services.