Get a free estimate
Welcome to the Hannan Environmental Services Pest Control Library, your comprehensive resource for effective and responsible pest management. Whether you’re a homeowner, business owner, or just curious about managing pests, our library offers valuable information to help you address pest-related challenges.
Florida is known for its warm and humid climate, which unfortunately creates favorable conditions for pests to thrive. Whether you’re a resident or a visitor, it’s essential to be aware of the common pests in the region to protect yourself and your property. Pests can cause various problems for both homeowners as well as businesses.
Whether you’re a homeowner, business owner, or simply someone who wants to stay informed, our pest library is here to support you.
Identify and understand the behavior of various pests that can disrupt your environment. Our pest library includes images and information on insects, rodents, and wildlife.
If you can’t find information about a specific pest in our pest library or have a unique question, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team. We’re here to assist you in your pest control journey and provide the information you need to make informed decisions.
Call or click here to contact Hannan Environmental Services for a FREE no-obligation quote today!
You can also find Hannan Environmental Sevices and learn more about us on Facebook.
Why Choose Hannan Environmental Services:
- Our team of experienced pest control professionals is dedicated to ensuring your peace of mind.
- We offer tailored solutions that address your specific pest concerns.
- With our advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipment, we deliver effective results.
- Your safety and the well-being of your family, employees, and customers are our top priorities.
South Florida, due to its warm and humid climate, is home to a variety of pests and insects that thrive in such conditions. Here are some common pests and insects you might encounter. Click the images for more information in our pest library.
- Mosquitoes: South Florida’s warm and wet environment is perfect for mosquitoes to breed. These pests can transmit diseases like Zika virus, West Nile virus, and dengue fever.
- Fire Ants: These aggressive ants build large mounds and deliver painful stings. Their stings can cause allergic reactions in some people.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches, including the American cockroach and German cockroach, are common in South Florida. They can carry diseases and trigger allergies.
- Termites: Subterranean termites thrive in the humid conditions of South Florida and can cause significant damage to wooden structures.
- Palmetto Bugs: Often referred to as large cockroaches, palmetto bugs are common in the area and can be quite resilient.
- No-See-Ums: These tiny biting insects, also known as sandflies or midges, are prevalent in coastal areas and can be a nuisance to residents and visitors.
- Ticks: While more commonly associated with wooded and grassy areas, ticks can still be found in South Florida and can transmit diseases like Lyme disease.
- Fleas: Fleas can infest pets and homes, causing discomfort and potentially transmitting diseases.
- Bedbugs: These blood-feeding pests can infest homes, hotels, and other accommodations, causing itchy bites and requiring professional pest control to eliminate.
- Spiders: While most spiders in South Florida are not dangerous, the brown recluse and black widow spiders can be found and should be treated with caution.
- Bees and Wasps: Various species of bees and wasps can be found in South Florida. Some can be aggressive and deliver painful stings, while others are important pollinators.
- Gnats: These tiny flying insects can be quite bothersome, especially near bodies of water.